Hearing loss can come on suddenly and get progressively worse over time. If you feel like symptoms have come on suddenly, you may have been subconsciously adjusting to accommodate for changes in your hearing without realizing it. These seemingly subtle changes can soon become life-changing and can disrupt your relationships, work environment, or family life — but only if you let them. There are steps you can take to combat hearing loss, including hearing aids, or custom plugs to protect your ears. We can help you with these options, as well as any questions, here at Newport Beach Hearing Aid Associates. Still unsure whether you are experiencing hearing loss? Below are the common signs of hearing loss to look out for.
- Feeling like you are missing parts of conversations.
- Needing the volume to be higher than normal on computers, phones, TV’s, etc.
- Difficulty carrying on phone conversations.
- Asking for things to be repeated.
- Trouble hearing certain voices, like women and children (who typically have high-pitched voices).
- Being told by loved ones/co-workers/friends that you might have hearing loss.
- Focusing more on reading people’s lips than listening to their words.
- Avoiding social situations in loud venues that would make hearing more difficult, such as restaurants, malls, crowded spaces, etc.
- Difficulty pinpointing where a sound is coming from.
If you identify with any of these signs of hearing trouble, it could be a part of a larger hearing loss problem. We here at Newport Beach Hearing Aid Associates can help! Located in Newport Beach, CA, we proudly serve the surrounding areas of Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, Fountain Valley, Laguna Beach, Irvine, and more! You can easily request an appointment for any of our services, including hearing tests and evaluations, purchasing hearing aids, batteries, accessories and supplies, or getting fitted for custom plugs. Every member of our staff is trained to provide you with all of your options, and we can help you with sensorineural, conductive, and mixed hearing loss. Contact us today. We'd be more than happy to help!