Check your hearing: Take this quick test and check your ability to hear properly.
- Do people seem to mumble or speak in a softer voice than they used to?
- Do you feel tired or irritable after a long conversation?
- Do you sometimes miss key words in a sentence, or frequently need to ask people to repeat themselves?
- When you are in a group or in a crowded restaurant, is it difficult for you to follow the conversation?
- When you are together with other people, does background noise bother you?
- Do you often need to turn up the volume on your TV or radio?
- Do you find it difficult to hear the doorbell or the telephone ring?
- Is carrying on a telephone conversation difficult?
- Do you find it difficult to poinpoint where an object is (e.g. an alarm clock or telephone) from the noise it makes?
- Has someone close to you mentioned that you might have a problem with your hearing?
How did you do?
Your answers to these questions only provide an early indication of whether your hearing is impaired or not. If you answered “yes” to just 1 or 2 of these questions you may not need our assistance just yet. If you answered “yes” to 3 of these questions you may be experiencing some hearing loss. If you answered “yes” to 4 or more of these questions, we urge you to attend our Free Special Event and ask for a complimentary hearing evaluation.